What is Simply Sacred?

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life's Sticky ... Eat Peanut Butter!




"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life." - Calvin and Hobbes

Happy Peanut Butter Lover's Day!



Peanut butter is much like life itself. I can be messy, get all over the place and sometimes gets stuck -- yet it tastes so yummy! Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cups, Nutter Butters, Fluffer Nutters and the list goes Bubba Blue on and on!

Of course, I must bring up the one person who I know despises PB ... my mother beloved Scottish Mum! She hates the stuff! The funny thing is that all her seven kids LOVE IT! So for many, many year, my sainted mother would make PB&J sandwiches for our bag lunches and wouldn't complain not one bit.

I actually think there is a family tale of a sister (or was it Dad?) who tried to trick Mom into eating some on a sandwich ... to this day there are whisperings of what actually happened to that person, yet no one wants to really talk about it! 

So what's so Simply Sacred about Peanut Butter? Well, like I said, life can be messy, just like the stuff we're celebrating today! So, when life gets stuck, sticky and sometimes even looks a pile of peanut butter (use your imagination here!) -- take life one spoonful at a time. Enjoy the simple, yummy things that are all around you!

Simple Sacred Steps: 
  • Try not to care if life gets stuck or sticky. Take it one step at a time. (This one is for me!)
  • Work through the stickiness (like when you have to use your tongue to get the PB off the roof of your mouth!) The more you try, the more it works itself out!
  • Enjoy the simple yumminess of life!
* What do you do to get out of life's sticky situations?*



One yummy solution is to make ...


Peanut Butter Protein Perfection
(I know, I know ... just try it. You'll become addicted! I got brain freeze by drinking mine too fast!)

Ingredients:
2-1/2 cup rice drink
1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter
2 whole bananas (freeze a few and use them for this recipe. If not, fresh ones are fine)
2 dates
1 scoop of protein powder
1 scoop of flax meal (not flax seed)
Almonds - 1 hand full







In a blender, add 1 cup ice and ingredients above. Blend baby, blend! (Let me know if you need clarification on this recipe!)

Enjoy! 


Simply put, Jeanne

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know today was National Peanut Butter Day. I was at Target and kept seeing peanut butter everywhere. "I see buttered peanuts". The best PB concoction was the Peanut Butter Fudge ice cream. It jumped into my cart and is being enjoyed with relish by more than one person this evening.

    This post reminds me of the Catholic talk radio show I listened to this morning. Fr. Albert Haase, a wonder Francisan priest, was talking about the messiness of life and that our task is to find God in the midst of our lives. He talked about the Ignatian Spritual Exercises as a great means of doing this on a daily basis. They allow you to not only develop a more postive sense of yourself, but to know God's unconditional love to such depth that you must respond. This is good.

    Love--Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa,

    Thanks for your comment! I hope the Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream was a hit ... especially with a busy little peanut !'m so glad you were able to post a comment. Keep em' coming!

    Simple, special, sister love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete